Dairy free buttercream icing
No cupcake is complete without some deliciously creamy buttercream icing.
But what about for those of us who are intolerant or allergic to dairy? Surely the word ‘butter’ in buttercream means it’s a no-go zone??
Never fear! A delicious, creamy DAIRY FREE buttercream icing is as easy as this…
- 180g Nuttelex (the Coconut Oil variety adds a lovely flavour!)
- 2.25 cups icing sugar mixture, sifted
- 2 tablespoons of oat or rice milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preferred food colouring (if using)
With an electric mixer, beat the Nuttelex until it is light and fluffy, Slowly add in the sifted icing sugar mixture and milk, beating constantly. Add in a few drops of food colouring and mix thoroughly.
Use a piping bag for a professional finish!
- A tablespoon of cocoa and a teaspoon of instant coffee for mocha icing
- A few drops of peppermint essence
- A few drops of lemon essence
Do you eat the cake first, or go straight for the icing?