Ham it Up – 5 ways with leftover ham – dairy free
I don’t know about you but I’ve got a fridge full of leftovers from Christmas, especially ham. I am so sick of ham and coleslaw sandwiches… so here are five easy dairy free recipes to use up some of that delicious Christmas ham.
Turkey and ham free form pie (recipe from Taste)
No leftover turkey? Use chicken thigh instead. Or leftover BBQ chicken! Use oil instead of butter, and skip the cream to make this dairy free. It doesn’t need it! Most puff pastries are dairy-free (just double check the ingredients), but generally do have soy lecithin in them so go with what you can tolerate.
Ham and potato cakes with rocket pesto (recipe from Taste)
These are dairy and soy free and look amazing. On the list for this week!
Take my zucchini fritters recipe and chuck a handful of shredded ham through – easy peasy.
Dairy-free pasta carbonara (Quirky Cooking)
Use some leftover ham instead of the bacon in the recipe, and omit the tamari/soy sauce (or add coconut amino seasoning instead) to keep it soy-free as well.
- 6 eggs
- Two handfuls of shredded leftover ham
- Leftover baked or steamed veg (ANYTHING! Potato, sweet potato, carrots, parsnips, broccoli, cauli, beans, peas – literally ANYTHING!) – enough for a single, spaced layer in the dish you’re using.
- ¼ cup oat/almond milk (or other milk substitute)
- Heaped tspn savoury yeast flakes
- 1 tbsp flour
- 2 tbpsn olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste (remembering that the ham is quite salty).